samedi 2 juin 2007

Je me souviens

This is what is written in all license plates here in Quebec...Je me souviens...which means "I remember"...
When driving here and in traffic jams, you are forced to see this message on and on....
Then, driving these days I found myself forced to think about this phrase.
I remember....
I remember my family, I remember when I was a kid playing around with my friends with my Hot Wheels...I remember my first day in school, I remember my first kiss, when I fell in love for the first time, I remember when the university accepted me, when I made love for the first time, I remember when I got married, I remember when I saw my kids for the first time and finally saw myself as a man.
I remember when I lost everything but my hope and the ones I love.
I remember when I overcame all this.
I remember who I am.
Je me souviens...
That's what stays after you, after you're gone, the rememberance.
Our lives are made of these memories, some good, some bad.
And then I realized: We shouldn't forget, but we should always be able to forgive.

Aucun commentaire: